Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseine





April's Book Choice
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Chosen by Mary Durtschi
Meeting held in April at Mary Durtschi's House.

****Facebook Discussion****

Jamie Wilde West When I downloaded it on Audible, they classified it as Children's book, Okaaay! But it was a good book, very character driven. You fill love for the two boys, one is rich and the other is poor. They go through life as friends before and during the Cold War in Afganistan. The rich boy is a coward growing up and is alway looking for acceptance from his Father. The poor boy is always protecting the other boy and cares for him. During the Cold War the rich boy and his father go to America, they are poor. During the Taliban, the rich boy get a call from one of his father's friends asking him to come home to find the poor boy.


I'm not going to finish, read it and find out what happens.

RonnaLee Thompson Hesford NOT .... NOT a book for kids! I almost stopped reading it when I got to a part that was very upsetting. I couldn't sleep that night.

I DID keep reading it (not yet finished) and I'm glad I continued. So it you're reading it and thinking of stopping ... keep reading!

 Mary - I'm loving it! I'm just tender hearted and some parts are difficult to read. I can't wait to finish it!


Mary Browne Durtschi Jamie, it is hard to imagine that Audible would class this as a children's book. Someone must have been sleeping on the job. I know that children grow up fast now days, BUT, not that fast.

I hope everyone enjoys 'The Kite Runner'. I LOVED this book. I like many different kinds of books, but, this is my favorite type. I want my characters totally developed and life-like. See you in April.

No comments: